Reflecting On 2017
Published 31 December 2017 | 167 words | Categories: Personal
2017 was a complicated year for me. More tumultuous than 2016, but even so, still feels like things are mostly going in the right direction.
- Finished my teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL) with top grades. I never ended up using it, because I got a new job doing graphic design for an advertising company. It's been great so far, and it's nice that my degree turned out to be useful.
- Had jury duty for the first time.
- Returned to Philadelphia for the first time since 2013.
- Started taking classes for MMA and Hapkido.
- The family cat passed away, likely from kidney failure. He was almost 18.
- My 3.5 year relationship came to an end.
- Ended up in a car accident and had to buy a new car. First time for both.
- Offered a nice raise at work for 2018.
- Hit my next goal weight. Still another 10 lbs left to gain.
- Still didn’t finish writing any novels. The current main project is only about 30% done.
Some of my favorite pictures from the past 12 months: