No one ever stops learning. “Knowledge is power,” after all – but sometimes it’s hard to find what you’re looking for. Or you have something in mind but don’t know where to start. I combed through dozens of bookmarks and sites which collected links, removed links which no longer work, and organized everything into one easy-to-read post.
This is a list of sites where you can learn whatever you want. Free courses, low-cost certificate programs, free books, and more. You can finish some things in minutes, and others may take months.
- Code Academy
- Coursera (some courses may stop being available, but you can download them)
- Future Learning
- Harvard Open Learning
- Khan Academy
- Mashable article on 45 free classes (alternative link here)
- MIT Open Courses
- Open Yale Courses – Includes videos, transcripts, and supplemental material.
- Open Culture certificate courses – Links to various free courses from Johns Hopkins University and more.
- Open Culture non-certificate courses – Some of these are just videos/podcasts on iTunes or Youtube, but still has good content. Includes some Open Yale courses.
- Social Media Training
- Stanford Online
- Udacity – Learn Java, how to create Android apps, and more. Some courses are free, some aren’t.
- Udemy – Some courses are free and others aren’t. Some of the paid courses are really cheap though ($20 or less) and there are occasional sales/coupons you can take advantage of.
- World Science U