Kindle users may need to update. The deadline is 22 March 2016.
Amazon is changing a few things – and certain models of Kindle could stop being 100% functional.
They’ve been sending out emails to Kindle owners. I already updated my Kindle and it was pretty easy. I just connected to my Wifi and the update was automatic. Depending on what model Kindle you own, this process may vary.
In case you can’t get the update for some reason, don’t panic! It can be done manually. For more details, see Amazon: www.amazon.com/ku2016
List of Kindles affected:
- Kindle 1st Generation (2007)
- Kindle 2nd Generation (2009)
- Kindle DX 2nd Generation (2009)
- Kindle Keyboard 3rd Generation (2010)
- Kindle 4th Generation (2011)
- Kindle 5th Generation (2012)
- Kindle Touch 4th Generation (2011)
- Kindle Paperwhite 5th Generation (2012)
The newer Kindles, like the Kindle Fire 10, are not impacted.